Categories of Membership
- The Society shall consist of Honorary Fellows, Full
Members, Associate Members, Corporate Members, and Student Members.
- Honorary Fellowship may be bestowed by the Society
through the Executive Committee upon a person with distinguished work in
hydraulics related areas or significant contributions to the Society.
- A person who, or an institution which, fulfills the
following requirements may apply to become a member of the Society:
The application forms for Full, Associate, Corporate,
and Student Memberships must be supported by the recommendations of two
Full Members of the Society, while those for Student Membership by the
recommendation of one Full Member of the Society. Upon approval of the
application by the Executive Committee and the payment of the prescribed
fees as stipulated below, the applicant shall become a Full Member, an
Associate Member, a Corporate Member, or a Student Member as the case
may be. Honorary Fellows may be nominated by Full Members of the Society
and approved by the Executive Committee.
- Any engineer or scholar with practical and/or
research experience in hydraulics may apply to become a Full Member.
- Any person who is interested in hydraulics may apply
to become an Associate Member.
- Any professional, academic or educational
institution in Hong Kong, or any unit or department of such an
institution, which is interested in hydraulics
may apply to become a Corporate Member.
- Any undergraduate or post-graduate students in any
of the universities in Hong Kong, who is interested in hydraulics, may
apply to become a Student Member.
- All Members of the Society shall, upon admission to
membership, pay an entrance fee at a rate prescribed by the Society
acting in General Meeting from time to time.
- All members of the Society (except Honorary Fellows)
shall pay annual membership fees at rates prescribed by the Society.
- The annual membership fee shall be due on 1 March
each year for the year commencing on that day.
- Any Member whose annual membership fee remains unpaid
for six months after the due date shall cease to be a member on 1
September of the same year and his/her name shall be removed from
Membership Rights and Obligations
- A Corporate Member shall be entitled to nominate two
representatives who shall have all membership rights as Full Members.
- Every Member, or any of its representatives in case
of a Corporate Member, shall have the right to participate in the
activities and to enjoy the facilities of the Society, but only Full
Members and representatives of Corporate Members have the right to be
elected into the Executive Committee.
- Only Full Members and representatives of Corporate
Members are eligible to vote. Each of them shall have one vote. Such
Members are hereinafter referred to as the Voting Members.
- All Members must observe and comply with the
Constitution of the Society and the regulations, rules, and directives
issued by the Society.
- No Member shall use the name of the Society in
his/her own personal dealings, or attempt to bring the name of the
Society into disrepute with malicious intent.