The International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR) – Hong Kong Chapter was founded in April 1997. It has the full support of the sixty year old parent organization, International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR) which is based in Madrid, Spain. The objectives of IAHR – HK are:
1. to promote the education, science and practice of hydraulics;
2. to encourage the application of hydraulics to provide socially acceptable solutions of water related problems;
3. to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information among academics, practicing engineers, and government;
4. to promote the development of young researchers in the field;
5. to encourage and sponsor the training of local engineers and professionals;
6. to provide a platform for links between the IAHR – HK and industry, government and other organizations;
7. to facilitate and encourage the participation of activities organized by IAHR.